Monday, November 30, 2009


"Peekaboo" says Bumpiddy Doo!


During the Victorian Era it was common for girls and ladies to make things by hand as gifts, such as doilies, back splashes for vanities, etc. Recently I've discovered a Japanese style of crochet called Amigurumi. So I am designing all of my gifts in this style of crochet! Bumpiddy Doo is a gift I have just finished for my sister, it is a surprise so I will not post complete photos of him till after she has received him.



This is an illustration from the cover of 'Illustrated London News' 1876.


This is an anonymous illustration of a mother and child making gifts.

1 comment:

  1. hi... i'm indonesian painter... just say helloo..!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Hello, help stop anonymous trolls and reduce spam by using a Google ID to comment. Merely choose from the drop down list provided for commenting. Thank you, Victorian Nonsense